Stained Concrete - Discover Our Designs
- Your search for custom residential, commercial and industrial concrete flooring near me stops here!
- Ready to update your interior flooring? Our professional designers can help.
- We offer the best customer service in Baton Rouge and nearby areas.
- Top of the line exterior flooring finishes
- Read our reviews and find out why we're the best and most trusted.
We’re willing to bet that you have some kind of concrete flooring in your home or business. Most people do, although these are mostly relegated to basements, warehouses, and garages. They make great floors – they’re durable and low maintenance.
Of course, unless you’re going for an industrial look, it’s not the best option for the whole home, or, at least, it didn’t used to be. Modern techniques and products have changed that. Forget about just sticking with concrete patio designs—you can opt for many other looks.
One such look is stained concrete. Whether you need concrete resurfacing in Baton Rouge or a full-home installation, you won’t find a better provider than Concrete Flooring Baton Rouge.
Staining Your Floors - In a Good Way
It might surprise you to learn that concrete can be stained in much the same way that wood is done. A special pigment is applied, and this has chemicals in it that react when applied to concrete. The reaction helps the stain to bond permanently with the concrete.
We’d advise getting any resurfacing of existing floors done by a pro. The stain will react differently depending on how old the flooring is already. Our experts will be able to advise you on whether or not it’s doable considering the age and state of your floors.
That said, the effects are not predictable under the best of circumstances. It’s an inexact science because the chemical makeup of the concrete plays a role as well. If the concrete is damaged or has started crumbling, staining is not advised.
Once the stain has been applied, and the reaction has occurred, the top layer is sanded down so that it is perfectly smoothed. The floor is then polished so that it is very glossy and then sealed. The advantage of this method is that the floor is almost indestructible.
The Benefits of Stained Concrete Floors
- The biggest advantage of this technique is that it creates a permanent finish.
- It is easy to clean and maintain.
- The stain is permanently bonded.
- Changing things up again later could be as simple as putting on a new coat of paint.
- It’s an affordable alternative to more traditional flooring.
Before you book us to come in and create your floor for you, we do want to highlight one or two downsides of staining concrete flooring. At Concrete Flooring Baton Rouge, we aim to ensure you're absolutely satisfied with your floors, and that means being upfront about what our flooring is and isn't.
- The floor will be hard. That sounds strange, we know. Here’s what we mean. There’s no cushioning carpet or bounce from wooden floorboards to dissipate the impact. If you drop a glass, it will shatter. If you fall, you could hurt yourself.
- The floor will feel cool at all times. This cooling effect is great when the sun and humidity are making life unbearable. It's not as good during a cold snap. This is simple to remedy, though, all you need to do is to put down rugs or have in-floor heating installed.
- An epoxy coating will provide further protection but adds to the cost and time taken to complete the project.
Get Your Stained Concrete Quote Today
Enliven the color of your concrete floors, without having to spend an absolute fortune. Give us a call to find out more about how stained concrete floors can benefit your home or business. Concrete Flooring Baton Rouge is the best concrete contractor in the state!
Request A Free Quote!